Wednesday, 5 June 2013

Calleigh's Room

When we moved in to the house, there was no room for Calleigh, as the owners didn't have children. So we would have to change one of the rooms quite drastically to make it a nice room for a 1 year old. And as the house is fully furnished it meant a lot of moving and shifting around, so we chose the room with the least amount of stuff in, the upstairs office. 

This became our number one priority as everything else could easily wait. I am happy to say that finally I think we have just about finished. 

We used removable Disney Princess wall art to spruce up the walls a bit as we are kind of restricted on painting and removable sticky photo hangers to hang up some pictures. The curtains are  from her nursery back in England and fit perfectly. We decided to keep the leather chair in so we have somewhere to sit if she doesn't settle too well at bedtime. 
We also brought a pink striped rug to go on the floor (not pictured). 
The drawers are the last thing we brought and we got them for a bargain $99, reduced from $220. They really make the room complete. 

I am really happy with the way it looks now and hopefully it will last us for the next 2 years until we have to do it all over again in a new house. 

1 comment: